Jamaican Curry Chicken Pot
You don’t need to visit the Caribbean to taste the vibrant and fresh flavors it’s known for. Follow restaurant chef, Jeremy Diehl, and his simple, delicious, yet hearty recipe as he prepares a Jamaican Curry Chicken Pot right in the back of a sleeper cab.
1 lb. Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
1 tsp. Tomato Paste
4 New Potatoes
1 cup Green Beans
1 Habanero Pepper
1 Serrano Pepper
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 tbsp. Curry Powder
1 tsp. Paprika
1 Clove Garlic
1 tsp. Thyme
Salt (to taste)
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 cup Water
Tools You'll Need
- Slow Cooker
- Cutting board/knife
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, to taste, on both sides.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, curry powder, paprika and thyme to slow cooker on top of chicken.
- Add carrots, onions, potatoes, habanero and serrano peppers.
- Add coconut milk, olive oil and water to slow cooker.
- Cover and set slow cooker to medium heat and cook for 3 hours.
- Two hours into cooking, add green beans to slow cooker.